Thursday, July 5, 2007

The shared items page - an article from 1965

In a prior post I described how to create feeds to track publication activity in the National Library of Medicine. Since I'm thinking Peyronie's is probably a systemic disorder of fibrocyte function one of my searches tracks articles that focus on both Dupuytren's contractures and Peyronie's disorder. You can see examples of some of those articles on my shared items page.

This is all about catching the latest news, so I was bemused when one of the articles I found was from 1965 ....

It's in German, so not that easy to follow up, but PubMed lets one track related articles, which included this one from 2004:
Qian A et al. Comparison of gene expression...[PMID: 15302515]

... CONCLUSIONS: These data demonstrate that the pattern of alterations in the expression of certain gene families in PD and DD is similar, suggesting that they share a common pathophysiology and may be amenable to the same therapeutic regimens.
Really, not a lot of progress in 40 years, but maybe things will start picking up ...

No comments: